Filter By Category:
Science researchers across Europe sign open letter condemning the Trump administration for its limitations on the open exchange of people and ideas
EuroScience, the non-profit grassroots association of researchers in Europe, has sent the politicians of Europe an open letter on behalf of 46 leading science organisations highlighting the negative impact of the ongoing policy reorientation under President Donald Trump and his administration on future scientific progress.
At the end of last year, Germany switched on a new type of massive nuclear fusion reactor for the first time, and it was successfully able to contain a scorching hot blob of helium plasma. But since then, there\'s been a big question - is the device working the way it\'s supposed to? That\'s pretty crucial when you\'re talking about a machine that could potentially maintain controlled nuclear fusion reactions one day, and thankfully, the answer is yes.
Other News Stories
- Worrying traces of resistant bacteria in air
- Nanobionic spinach plants can detect explosives
- Buzz for new bee found in Greenwich
- Study casts doubt on claim that people are over-optimistic
- Elbows of extinct marsupial lion suggest unique hunting style